Friday, July 3, 2015

#AYEARATHON TBR - Agatha Christie Mystery Month

I really enjoyed the Bout of Books read-a-thon but it is so long until the next one so I've been looking around for one that occurs more often. I found #ayearathon which looks like so much fun. It's a group on Goodreads that run a read-a-thon the first full week of every month and there is always a different theme.

July's theme is Agatha Christie Mystery month. At first I thought I would have trouble with the theme because I'm not a Mystery reader, but once I looked through my bookshelf I found quite a few mystery books (or at least mystery hybrids) that I can read during the week.

I felt like I should read at least one Agatha Christie novel but don't have any, and then the other day at work I stumbled across one in the in bookshelf at work. It was meant to be! So I'm going to read Five Little Pigs which is one of her Hercule Poirot novels. It's nice and short so should fit in well for a read-a-thon.

Next the group voted on an author/series they'd like to read as a group (other than Chrsitie) and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock books were selected. So it's a perfect chance for me to pick up the Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, which is a collection of short stories. Could there be anything better for a read-a-thon? 

Next up I have a few options and I'll see what I feel like as the week goes on.
- The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness
- The Shifting Fog - Kate Morton
- Crossbones - Kathy Reichs
- Fool Moon - Jim Butcher (Which I've requested at the library but not sure when it will come in)

So the fun stars Mon 6th of July and runs till Sun 12th. If you want to check it out all the information is at the #ayearathon group page on Goodreads. I'm looking forward to it!

Happy Reading
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment