Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Musings (June 15)

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by A Daily Rhythm that asks you to answer a question from a list of prompts. You can visit the post here. I decided to answer a few :)

I am currently reading... Vicious by V.E. Schwab. I've just got one word - amazing! Need to finish writing this post so I can get back to it asap.


Up next I think I'll read...The Girl with all the Gifts - It's my bookclub book for this month so I need to get on that.

I bought the following books in the past week... In Dymocks I found a box set of the first three Throne of Glass novels and may have convinced my husband to buy it for my Birthday. Which feeds into the next prompt

I wish I could read..., but ....  I want to read Throne of Glass but can't because it's not my Birthday for another month!!

I can't wait to get a copy of... The Martian by Andy Weir. The trailer for the movie adaptation just came out and my husband wants to go see it so I need to read the book before I see any spoilers.

Would love to know what you've been reading and what you're looking forward to.
Happy Reading
Sarah

9 comments:

  1. I listened to the audio version of The Martian because I don't read much sci-fi and was afraid I would get bogged down in it. I would highly recommend the audio, I really enjoyed the story. Can't wait to see the movie after seeing the trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Girl With All the Gifts last summer and it was an intriguing book. I hope you'll enjoy it.

    I read the Martian and I think I'm the only one on the planet who didn't love it. Liked it, yes. Just didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be heading to the library for the audios or as my MM post discusses, using hoopla for online lending from home...
    Enjoy your week's reading now that your post is up :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be heading to the library for the audios or as my MM post discusses, using hoopla for online lending from home...
    Enjoy your week's reading now that your post is up :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be heading to the library for the audios or as my MM post discusses, using hoopla for online lending from home...
    Enjoy your week's reading now that your post is up :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the Martian and it should make a great movie. My MM post is about space so visit and see what I am sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am curious about The Martian...it is not my usual genre, but I might have to make an exception...LOL.

    Here is
    MY MUSINGS ON MONDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved vicious and The Martian, both were really great book. Plus, the movie for The Martian looks like its going to be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to hearing what you think of Vicious and The Girl with all the Gifts. I have not yet come across either in my bookshop, but when they do appear (the manager has friended me on Goodreads and regularly - perhaps too regularly for my budget - just pops a few on the shelves) I plan on getting them.

    ReplyDelete