Monday, May 11, 2015

Bout of Books update and challenge #1

Bout of Books is underway! I am 3/4 through We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and loving it. Should have it finished by bed time.

The first challenge is hosted by Writing My Own Fairy Tale and involves answering some questions. Here goes...

1. How do you organize your shelves?
I have a bookshelf with six shelves. Three of those are beatifully organized by colour and size, and have some nerdy bits amd pieces among them. I am very proud of the state of these shelves. 
The bottom three are less impressive, one has cookbooks (I have quite a few) one has photo albums and scrap books and the third has all my novels/bits and pieces that I haven't managed to find a place for yet among the pretty shelves... one day it'll all be as nice as the top three. I hope. 

2. What s one of your favorite books that's not in one of your favorite generes?
Well that's easy! A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. I am not a fantasy person but this one sounded pretty cool to me, and I loved it so, so much!

3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe HIll, Gabriel Rodriguez. I've heard good things about this series and have been saving it for bout of books. 

5. What book to you recommend the most?
That is a tough question, it really depends who I'm giving the recommendation to... But probably The Time Traveller's wife by Audrey Niffenenger. 

5 comments:

  1. I have a copy of A Darker Shade of Magic, still need to read it, though. I need to get on that soon! Locke and Key is on my TBR, too - I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like a col bookshelf! enjoy your bout of books! here is my answer to the challenge: http://wordsandpeace.com/2015/05/11/bout-of-books-13-bookish-survey/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Were Liars is such a great book. The twist at the end was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the first Locke & Key book already and it was pretty creepy. I'm looking forward to the rest. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you've organised some of your shelves by colour and size! That's so great. My shelves, while not messy, are seriously unorganised! And I'm very keen to read A Darker Shade of Magic. :-D

    Thanks for sharing. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete