Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday Musings (On Tuesday)

I have a slight time zone issue, because I live in Australia I live my life a day earlier than everyone else! (I know what happens in the future.. mwa ha ha) Anyway, that means a lot of the things I want to participate with weekday names are going to have to be posted on the next day. But I'm ok with that
Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
Or I might answer a few...
I'm currently reading Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman and I'm loving it! Hopefully I'll put aside some time to finish that today. 

I bought the following books in the past week... American Gods by Neil Gaiman This is the little book club book for may/june and I'm looking forward to it. Also Vicious by V.E. Schwab. I love love loved A Darker Shade of Magic so I had to give this a go too!

I can't wait to get a copy of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I wasn't too sure if I wanted to read YA and/or fantasy books... but I hit a reading slump because of it. And I've read a few in these genres lately and have been enjoying myself so I'm going to jump in the deep end with this one! 

Happy Reading
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Ocean at the End of the Lane too. I hope you will enjoy American Gods. I know a lot of folks think it goes very slowly. I agree with that, but there are some really interesting ideas in it. It can just be a bit of a slog in places.

    I would love to hear what you think of Vicious. I am keeping my eyes open for it at my bookshop, but so far, I have had no luck finding it. We seem to have fairly similar taste, so if you like it, I might actually see about ordering it.

    ReplyDelete