Thursday, May 7, 2015

To Be Read #01

Starting Monday I'm doing my first read-a-thon since primary school and I'm getting prepared! I've borrowed alot of books from the library and sorted through my own collection so that I can achieve as much as possible during the week.

Graphic Novels are a new media to me, but this is the perfect oppurtunity to give them a go! Plus I can get through a few of those without stressing myself out too much.

I'm up to Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe (#5) so I'm going to read that for sure. I was very excited to find the colour edition at the library, I cannot wait to get started. In fact I am forcing myself to wait till Monday to read it so I can include it in the read a thon.

I'm also going to try out a new series I've heard great things about, Locke & Key. I've got the first two books in the series ready to go. I know absolutely nothing about them so that will be an interesting experience for me.



I've also picked up a book from my favourite artist Shaun Tan. I love "The Red Tree" and wanted to give "Tales of Outer Suburbia" a go. Tan has the most beautiful art style, and his stories are so moving, I'm looking forward to reading this one.


Horseradish by Lemony Snicket is a quick little book filled with words of wisdom. Shouldn't take long to read and it'll help me complete another 'food and drink' book in my It's all in the title reading challenge.

Now onto novels. I have strategically picked books that are a little shorter or easier to read. I've been wanting to read all these books anyway, and I definately won't get through them all, but I think it's a good idea to have some options.

We were liars - E.Lockhart. I know nothing about this book but from the reviews I've seen it's best to know nothing about this book going into it. It's one of the three books I bought from the dymocks 101 this year.


The Dressshop of Dreams - Mena Van Praag. This book sounds like it's going to be too cute. A dress maker who sews enchantments into clothing to help her granddaughter find love. Sickly sweet but oh so fun.

I have a few more books on order at the library that will hopefully arrive by Monday. I will add those in another post when they arrive.

Can you tell I'm excited?

If you want to join in bout of books click on the link in the sidebar.

Have you read any of these books? What books are you planning to read during bout of books this year? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Happy Reading
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment